Planning a special event often involves significant down payments for venues, caterers and bands. With special event insurance, your deposits could be recovered if your event is postponed or canceled. Contact Churchill Insurance Inc. in Yreka, California, to learn more about special events insurance coverage.
What Is Special Events Insurance?
A special events insurance policy can help reimburse you for nonrefundable deposits you would otherwise lose by canceling or moving an event. It is sometimes required by vendors to help protect against liability claims or property damage caused by your event. Special events insurance may also be called one-day insurance, depending on your insurer.
How Does Special Events Insurance Work?
If you need to cancel or move the event date for circumstances outside your control, you can file a claim with your insurance company to be reimbursed for nonrefundable deposits. Similarly, if somebody is injured or your event results in third-party property damage, you may file a claim with your insurer to help pay for damages. Review your policy carefully to understand what constitutes a covered loss under your special events insurance policy or contact Churchill Insurance for more information.
What Does Special Events Insurance Cover?
The following are examples of common types of special events insurance for you to consider:
- Event liability coverage—This policy may help pay for costs (e.g., medical bills, legal fees) arising from third-party property damage or bodily injury caused by your event.
- Event cancellation coverage—This policy may help reimburse you for event cancellation fees, including lost deposits, if a covered loss forces you to postpone or cancel your event.
- Gifts and attire coverage—This policy may help pay for damage to essential wedding attire and gifts (e.g., dresses, tuxedos) from covered losses.
How Much Does Special Events Insurance Cost?
The cost of special events insurance may vary depending on several factors. The following are examples of variables that could impact the price of your insurance:
- Event size
- Coverage policies and amounts
- Event type
- Whether alcohol is being served
- Duration of event
Where Can I Buy Special Events Insurance?
Planning a big event can be stressful, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Contact Churchill Insurance to learn how our special events insurance can help protect your investment in your special day.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.